Contact Lens Guidance
How to insert a contact lens
- Wash your hands thoroughly by using soap and by using a clean towel to dry your hands.
- Place the lens on the tip of your index finger. (Unless the prescription is the same, remember to check whether it is for your right or left eye.)
- Check the lens is orientated the correct way.
- Use the index finger of your opposite hand to pull up your upper eyelid. Use the middle finger of your dominant hand with the contact on it to pull your lower eyelid down.
- Place the contact on your eye and gently move it so it is centered over your cornea.
- Gently release your eyelids.
- Blink slowly, as to not dislodge the contact.
- Repeat these steps with the other eye.
- Wear contact lenses only if they are fitted and prescribed by an optometrist such as an accredited Spec-Savers optometrist. Do not purchase contact lenses from hairdressers, nail bars, websites, or any other vendor not authorised by law to dispense contact lenses.
- To avoid accidently wearing your contact lenses inside out, place your contact lens on the tip of your finger so that it forms a cup. Look at the contact lens from the side. If the cup looks like it is flaring out at the top and has a lip, your contact lens is inside out.
- If you experience dry eyes use a plain saline solution or tear supplements to keep your eyes lubricated.
- Insert the lenses before you apply make-up and remove the lenses after your make-up is removed.
- Never swap or share contact lenses with anyone.
Avoid swimming while wearing contact lenses.
Leave a commentPlease note: Our working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 Mondays to Fridays
By placing a comment you accept our Comments Disclaimer.