Purchasing a pair of spectacles is a long term investment. Unfortunately improper care can cause damage to your lenses and may result in unwanted scratches & blurriness.
Tips on how to care for your Spectacles
- Use a hard spectacles case to store your spectacles when not in use. This will prevent any unnecessary scratching and will extend the life of your frame. We recommend using a hard case in which to keep your spectacles.
- To ensure your spectacles alignment is not put at risk, always use two hands when putting on or removing your spectacles.
- Always place the lens surface up, this will prevent them from being scratched.
- Do not let anyone try on your spectacles. Letting others wear your spectacles, even for a moment, may cause stretching or other damage.
- Have your spectacles adjusted every 3-4 months. This allows us to check for loose screws or other potential problems. If your frame breaks, do not attempt to repair it yourself. Bring it to us and we’ll repair it appropriately.
Useful tips for cleaning your Spectacles
- Rinse your lenses with water before wiping or cleaning or use our special lens cleaner spray.
- Only use a clean soft, non-fibrous cloth to clean your spectacle lenses. Using any other materials will cause your lenses to be scratched.
- Gently, rub the lenses in a circular motion to wipe the cleaning solution across the surface of the lens. Remember to avoid touching the lenses with your fingers.
- Use only the correct cleaning solution for your lens.
- Nose pads can be cleaned easily using a cotton bud which is dipped into cleaning solution.
Spec-Savers offers cleaning cloths, solutions and cases at affordable prices to our customers.
Spec-Savers Service Promise
The everyday use of your spectacles can result in them becoming loose or crooked, or a screw may work loose and fall out. If this happens please come and see us and we'll be happy to readjust your spectacles. This is a free service.
At Spec-Savers we understand the inconvenience of being without your spectacles so we make every effort to repair & return them as soon as possible. Our service is subject to a quotation and signing of an indemnity form. If the frame is not repairable, subject to an assessment, we may be able to cut your lenses into a new frame.
Replacement parts and accessories
Because nose pads and screws commonly need replacing, at Spec-Savers we are happy to assist free of charge. Specialised or larger parts are subject to a quotation depending on your requirements.
Leave a commentPlease note: Our working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 Mondays to Fridays
By placing a comment you accept our Comments Disclaimer.