1⁄2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded cheese
1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square or round baking pan.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl at high speed with an electric mixer 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened and lemon coloured.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir flour mixture into eggs until blended.
- Combine cheese, cottage cheese, jalapeno pepper and hot sauce in medium bowl; mix well.
- Fold into egg mixture until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and firm in center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Serve with salsa.
Healthy Ingredients: Lutein, Vitamin E & Omega 3s
Protein-packed eggs provide nutrients such as lutein, vitamin E, and omega 3s, in addition to other nutrients and vitamins.
Date Published: 07 July 2015