Kids Right to Good Sight
Since 2008, Spec-Savers have helped over 300 000 children through our Kids Right to Good Sight initiative. With parents' permission, we offer a free eye examination, pair of frames and clear lenses for children aged 6 to 12 years to dramatically improve their lives.
We believe in the future leaders of our nation and the Kids Right To Good Sight initiative is our pledge as a brand to making a lasting difference in the lives of young children. Detecting vision impairment at such an early stage, has a lasting impact on any child.
Terms & Conditions
- For a child to qualify for the free frame and lenses their spectacle prescription will need to meet the qualifying criteria:
- Aged between 6 to 12 years.
- The eye test must be done at a Spec-Savers store. Ophthalmologist script is accepted.
- The free lenses will comprise of clear polymer single vision lenses with a scratch resistant coating, any other lens enhancements will carry additional charges.
- The free frame is up to the value of R599 and only a KRTGS frame is allowed.
- Single vision lenses covered by the KRTGS programme consist of max +10.00 to -14.00 Spheres with a max -6.00 Cyl. Scripts lower than 0.50 will be charged for.
- The KRTGS offer is only available to a customer once a year. If a child breaks or loses their frame within 12 months after receiving their first free eye test, frame and lenses , there is a 50% discount on the replacement pair.
- For each respective country that Spec-Savers is representing, a valid Identity number for each child is encouraged which can be found on the child’s birth certificate.
- The eye examination is subject to appointment availability (so please book early) and can be performed on a yearly bases.
- Please note: Our optometrists can only accommodate a limited number of kids per day per store.
- This offer is subject to change.
Spec-Savers is a proud member of the MediWallet medical account network
Spec-Savers has branches throughout South Africa in the Eastern Cape, Freestate, Gauteng, KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo Province, Mpumalanga, North Western, Northern Cape, Western Cape
Gauteng | Cape Town | Pretoria | Bloemfontein | Port Elizabeth | Durban | Pietermaritzburg | Potchefstroom | Upington | Kimberley