I have dispensed with much of usual, necessary chopping: I use cubes of pancetta and a little caramelized onion out of a jar. This is everything you could hope for, sweetly salving and as undemanding to make as it is rewarding to eat.
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 125 grams pancetta cube
- 500 grams minced lamb
- 75 grams caramelized onion
- 80 millilitres marsala
- 1 x 400 grams can chopped tomatoe
- 75 grams green lentil
- 125 millilitres water
- 50 grams grated cheddar cheese (or red leicester)
- Heat the oil in a wide, medium-sized saucepan (which has a lid), and fry the cubed pancetta until beginning to crisp.
- Add the lamb, breaking it up with a fork in the bacony pan as it browns.
- Tip in the caramelized onions, Marsala, tomatoes, lentils and water and bring the pan to the boil.
- Cover with the lid and simmer the ragu for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with the cheese (if using) before serving.
Originally posted on: https://www.nigella.com/recipes/rapid-ragu
Date Published: 27 July 2018