It starts with ripe watermelon and some frozen ripe strawberries for a tart-sweet twist.
Lime adds a tart kick that offsets the sweetness of the fruit.
Almond milk creates a creamy texture, while banana adds a bit more substance and natural sweetness.
And chia seeds not only add nutrition and texture, but also mock watermelon seeds for more visual appeal. Wowza, that’s one beautiful smoothie.
STRAWBERRY CHIA WATERMELON SMOOTHIE
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Beverage, Smoothie
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 1/2 cups (240 g) fresh watermelon, cubed (black seeds removed)
- 1 cup (120 g) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 ripe banana (50 g), previously peeled, chopped and frozen
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup (120-180 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk (DIY recipe)
- 1 lime, juiced (~30 ml)
- 1 Tbsp chia or hemp seeds (optional)